The Honeymoon Handbook
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's first dedicated honeymoon guide is packed with advice for travel-lovers who want their honeymoon their way: no all-inclusive in sight here. Set your heart racing with real adventures, tailored to what you two love the most - whether that's wildlife-spotting on the African savannah, cruising around Havana in one of Cuba's legendary vintage American cars or diving with turtles in Bali.
Planning tips will help you cover off the basics and bypass the stress, with advice on:
- When to go, how long to go for, and how to factor in seasons and climates
- How to build a multi-stop honeymoon
- How to pick hotels
- Working out a realistic budget, and sticking to it
- How to compromise with your other half
- The benefit of mini-moons, and how to plan the best one possible
- Getting married abroad, including logistics and legalities
- A host of top-rated destinations, listed by type of trip
- The best destinations for same sex couples
The inspiration section covers 25+ world-class honeymoon trips and gives them the classic Lonely Planet treatment. Whether you're after ideas for a classic trip or for more offbeat honeymoon suggestions, we've got you covered. See ancient temples in Myanmar, eat exquisite Michelin-starred meals in Tokyo, or surf the rolling Pacific waves at Sydney's Bondi Beach.
For every destination covered, discover:
- Essential, not-to-be-missed honeymoon experiences
- Practical itineraries to give you inspiration
- How LGBT-friendly you will find it
- A budget indicator
- Dream digs: where to stay for an unforgettable experience
- Practicalities for getting your trip booked
No matter what gets your travel juices flowing, this book promises to set you on track for the trip of a lifetime and to set your life together off to a magical start.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.